* Complete the application process.
* Submit your licensing fees.
* Attend to possible physical changes needed on your house to pass a safety inspection.
* Complete required training, including Early Childhood Education courses, CPR and First Aid.
* Have an up-to-date physical on record.
* Provide background checks on everyone living in your household or substitute providers you plan on using.
* Arrange for a premise inspection by a fire marshall and county official.
* There are different types of licenses to apply for depending on how many and what ages of children you are planning on caring for.