"DOWN BY THE BAY THEME":
1) Read "Down By The Bay" by Raffi
Down by the Bay (Raffi Songs to Read) Only $5.99
2) Make a "BIG BOOK" classroom project, each child or pairs of children can
illustrate a different page. If this is to difficult then the teacher can
draw the pictures and children can color, or paint the illustrations.
1) Extend book by allowing or help children think of different ideas to add to
the book such as "Did you see a cat wearing a hat". Help them along by giving
them the animal and see if they can think of a rhyiming phrase to go with it.
Write phrases on large chart and illustrate.
1) Sing "Down By The Bay" by Raffi
Singable Songs for the Very Young: Great... Only $13.49
1) Make a Watermelon: cut out a watermelon shaped wedges from pink construction
paper, then cut a strip of green construction paper for the rind and finally cut
black paper for the seeds.
2) Paint a Polkdotted Whale: cut large whale pattern out of white construction
paper and let children paint with water colors.
1) Make "Fruit Salad": have each child bring in a different fruit,
try different exotic fruits such as, kiwi, mango etc.... Allow children to cut
up fruit and mix together, eat and enjoy!!
1) Have a special "Down By The Bay" Waterplay Day
1) Have a Special Luau Luncheon: Invite parents to join in,
make or buy grass skirts, make Lei's, have the children make
some food items and/or let parents bring items too!!. Food item ideas: pigs in
a blanket, sausage and pineapple on a stick, pineapple upside down cake,
watermelon fruit salad, etc...
A DAYCARE RESOURCE CONNECTION EXCLUSIVE!!! Our very own!!
DOWN BY THE BAY SONG BOOK UNIT:
Includes, Teachers book, Ready to Make Flannel Story & Flash Cards, Reproducible Mini-Book & Worksheets,
pages are printed on card stock, wirebound with clear vinyl cover
and black vinyl backing.
MORE SAMPLE PAGES
||Down By The Bay Song Book Unit |
Only $18.99 (includes shipping & handling)